The BeatGear Cavern

A Fab Forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:13 am
Hofner

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Board Requires Me to Keep Logging In
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:59 pm 

Hi Mark,

Since joining BGC some time back, I've had no problems using it. Since about April, I log in like normal and get the "Thank you for logging in screen." Usually I'm sent to the forum page. Lately I get a ribbon informing me that the site wants to redirect me. I click "allow" and I go back to the log-in page. When this first happened, I disabled my pop-up blocker. I log-in again and may or may not get to the board page. If I do it shows in the top left corner of the screen that I am logged in. When I select a board, I go to a different page asking me to log in. When I log-in, I go to the board I selected. When I click on a thread, I go to the log-in screen again. When I log in I go the the thread I selected and read it. When done I click the back button and am sent to a log-in screen again. It seems with each step I have to log-in again, yet the screen shows me I'm logged-in. I'm sure when I click "submit" below, I will be asked to log in again. Do you know what's causing this and what to do about it?

Chuck

Post subject: Re: Board Requires Me to Keep Logging In
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:18 am 
Vice-Admin./Technical Affairs

Depends on the state of your browser cache. If you have a lot of cookies in your cache, it may take a while to find your login cookie, and the board will time out before it receives it, requiring you to log in again.

Clear your cookies (if you can), or try a different browser. No changes to the login system have been made, so if it happens on multiple browsers, let us know and we'll investigate.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:56 am 

Thanks Mike. I did just that and it seems to be working fine over multiple attempts. I also clicked the log me in automatically option because I thought that might help.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:00 pm 
BGC Fellow

I also am getting kicked out to the login screen a lot lately. Not sure what is going on. Not really doing anything different afaik.