The BeatGear Cavern

A Fab Forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:32 pm
Hofner

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Log-in problems or "deactivated" account?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:12 am 
BGC Administrator

This article is designed to assist anyone having trouble logging-in to the BGC's main forums, or who may be receiving messages indicating that his or her account has been "deactivated."

Under certain extreme circumstances, a member account may be "deactivated" for violation of board rules. However, this is very rare; and, in such a case, I will personally notify the affected member of this action via email.

Therefore, in the event you receive a board message indicating that your account has been "deactivated," please do not assume that you have done anything "wrong," or that your account has been intentionally suspended. Reading and following the instructions below will get you back on the board in short order.

1. Are you using the correct username/password?

This is the most common cause of log-in problems. Remember that usernames and passwords are case-sensitive. For lost or forgotten usernames or passwords, please email either me or BGC Tech Support for assistance. NOTE: The "lost password" function of the board is disabled and will NOT allow you to retrieve your password in that manner.

Solution: Email me at mark@markbarnes.com or BGC Tech Support at bgctechsupport@gmail.com for assistance.

2. For new members: Have you responded to the "Beatgear Cavern Registration" email I sent to you after your initial registration?

No new account will be activated until I receive a satisfactory reply to my request for verification of it. This request will be sent in an email from me to the email address supplied when you registered online. Once I receive a valid response to my email, I will manually activate the new account.

I will not activate the accounts of persons who supply obviously bogus information either in the online registration form, or in response to my email request for verification.

If, after registering online, you have not received a "Beatgear Cavern Registration" message directly from me, please email me at mark@markbarnes.com for assistance.

3. Have you changed your account profile?

We have learned of a "bug" in our bulletin board software that could result in a member's account being accidentally disabled or "deactivated" after changes are made to his or her account profile (email address, password, etc.).

Solution: Email me at mark@markbarnes.com or BGC Tech Support at bgctechsupport@gmail.com for assistance.

Thank you,

Mark

Mark Barnes
BGC Administrator
mark@markbarnes.com

BGC Tech Support
bgctechsupport@gmail.com

Revised February 11, 2006.

Post subject: Re: Log-in problems or "deactivated" account?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:27 am 
Order of the Wig & Girdle

So in other words we all better print this out because if we can't get into our account we definitely can't read this?!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:07 pm 
Vice-Admin./Technical Affairs

The bgctechsupport@gmail.com account is monitored by me pretty much constantly during normal business hours, and usually during the evenings. Overnight requests are usually dealt with ASAP the next morning.

Profile changes cause deactivation for security reasons. phpBB does this as a security feature, as occasionally people who hack into accounts will immediately change contact info (as often seen on sites like Facebook). If we're reasonably confident that the change to contact info was done by the user (i.e. by cross-checking the IP address of the request with previously used IPs by that member), the account will be reactivated ASAP. If there is a question, we may hold off on reactivation until we can verify that the change did indeed originate with the account holder. Please understand that this is a standard feature of our board software, and changing it can have security consequences. We ask your indulgence while we verify that your account is secure.

Post subject: Qmoder
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:48 pm 
BGC Trustee

Thanks. Its possible that reacative was needed.
Thanks, Dan F Hamilton
dannwood@Hiwaay.net

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:18 am 

Hi Mark and All:
Thanks for the reactivation.. All is working fine.. I'm working on browsing around.. :monitorpunch:

Bill..